Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro COPPE
Instituto Alberto Luiz Coimbra de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa de Engenharia
Instituto de Matemática
Data: Sunday, March 18, 2012 At 08:00
Duração: Todo dia
25TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON OPERATIONAL RESEARCH (EURO XXV) Vilnius,
Lithuania, 8-11 July, 2012
CfP and extension of abstract submission deadline
*** The extended and final deadline for the submission of abstracts is March 18, 2012 ***
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Organizers of the 25th EURO Conference have a great pleasure of inviting you to take part in this Conference to be held in Vilnius, Lithuania on 8-11 July, 2012.
The Programme and Organizing Committees, chaired by Marielle Christiansen and Leonidas Sakalauskas, are preparing a high quality scientific programme and an exciting social programme for the Conference.
We are convinced that the EURO XXV Conference will be an excellent opportunity for the OR community to get together again in a pleasant atmosphere, and, thus, we are looking forward to seeing you in Vilnius, the historical capital of Lithuania, in 2012.
Please, visit the EURO XXV Conference website (www.euro-2012.lt) for more information.
- Ralph E. Gomory
- Finn E. Kydland
- Hans-Jürgen Zimmermann
KEYNOTE & TUTORIAL SPEAKERS:
- Jon Caulkins - Providing a Scientific Basis for Managing Illegal Drugs & Markets
- Guy Desaulniers - Column Generation
- Jitka Dupacova - Stochastic programming - a flexible tool for decision making under uncertainty
- Erhan Erkut - Education
- Ignacio Grossmann - Optimization in Process Systems Enigineering
- Karla Hoffman - Combinatorial Auctions and Applications
- Ceyda Oguz - Computational Biology
- Boris Polyak - Optimization and Optimal Control
- Bjorn Jorgensen - Accounting
- Anita Schöbel - Optimization in Public Transportation
- Kenneth Sorensen - Metaheuristics
- Matteo Fischetti - On the role of randomness in exact tree search methods
CALL FOR PAPERS AND SESSIONS:
We invite all researchers, academicians, practitioners, as well as students interested in any branch of operational research, mathematical modelling or economic analysis to participate at the Conference and to present their papers.
Invited and contributed papers will be organized in parallel sessions. In general, sessions will be a part of the Conference streams, and streams are grouped by areas.
No participant can present more than one paper at the Conference (but may be a co-author for other papers).
Abstract submission and registration are done online, via the Conference web page (www.euro-2012.lt)
Abstracts: max. 600 characters; submission deadline: March 18, 2012.
Researchers who want to organize a stream or an invited session or contribute with a paper within an invited session should contact the PC member of the corresponding area.
(and PC members in charge; see contacts further below)
- Continuous Optimization / GW Weber
- Control Theory & System Dynamics / R Hartl
- Data Mining Knowledge Discovery and Artificial Intelligence / V Mousseau
- DEA and Performance Measurement / E Fernandez
- Decision Analysis, Decision Support Systems / V Mousseau
- Discrete Optimization, Geometry & Graphs / S Martello
- Emerging applications of OR / GW Weber
- Energy/Environment and Climate / P Letmathe
- Financial Modeling & Risk Management / SW Wallace
- Fuzzy Systems and Softcomputing / SW Wallace
- Game, Theory, Mathematical Economics / GW Weber
- Location / E Fernandez
- Logistics, Transportation, Traffic / M Sevaux
- Metaheuristics / R Hartl
- Multiple Criteria Decision Making and Optimization / V Mousseau
- OR Education, History, Ethics / M Sevaux
- OR in Health & Life Sciences / K Aardal
- OR in Industry and Software for OR / M Rönnqvist
- OR in Natural Resources / M Rönnqvist
- OR for Development and Developing Countries / GW Weber
- Production Management & Supply Chain Management / E Fernandez
- Revenue Management & Managerial Accounting / P Letmathe
- Scheduling, Time Tabling & Project Management / M Sevaux
- Simulation & Stochastic Programming and Modelling / SW Wallace
- Soft OR and Problem Structuring Methods / SW Wallace
- Telecommunication & Networks / K Aardal
Deadline for abstract submission: March 18, 2012
Notification of acceptance: March 31, 2012
Deadline for early registration: April 22, 2012
Deadline for author registration (for inclusion in the program): May 1, 2012
Conference: July 8-11, 2012
- Prof. Marielle Christiansen (Chair), Norway (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Karen Aardal, The Netherlands (K.I.Aardal@tudelft.nl),
- Prof. Elena Fernandez, Spain (email@example.com),
- Prof. Richard Hartl, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Silvano Martello, Italy (email@example.com),
- Prof. Vincent Mousseau, France (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Peter Letmathe, Germany (email@example.com),
- Prof. Mikael Rönnqvist, Norway (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Leonidas Sakalauskas, Lithuania (email@example.com),
- Prof. Marc Sevaux, France (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Stein W.Wallace, United Kingdom (email@example.com),
- Prof. Gerhard Wäscher, Germany (Gerhard.Waescher@WW.Uni-Magdeburg.DE),
- Prof. Gerhard-Wilhelm Weber, Turkey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Leonidas Sakalauskas (Chair), Lithuania
- Marielle Christiansen, Norway
- Gerhard Wäscher, Germany
- Saulius Preidys, Lithuania
- Tatjana Vilutiene, Lithuania
- Jonas Zaptorius, Lithuania
During the EURO XXV conference the following prizes will be awarded:
- The EURO Gold Medal 2012,
- The EURO Distinguished Service Medal (EDSM 2012),
- The EURO Doctoral Dissertation Award (EDDA 2012),
- The EURO Excellence in Practice Award (EPA 2012),
- The EURO/ROADEF Challenge 2012,
- The EURO Award for the Best EJOR Paper.
THE PROGRAMME IN BRIEF:
The Conference starts July 8 (Sunday), 4 pm, with the Opening Session, including the awards ceremony. This will be followed by the Welcome Reception at the Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre, at 6 pm.
The working sessions will occupy most of the following three days, July 9-11, starting Monday morning.
In the evening of July 9 conference participants and accompanying persons are invited to a Reception by the Mayor of Vilnius, followed by a dance performance.
The Conference Gala Dinner will be held in the evening of July 10, at the yard of Vilnius Picture Gallery which is an outstanding building of the late classicism style and one of the finest ensembles of its kind in Vilnius.
In the late afternoon of July 11, the Conference ends with another social event which should not to be missed: The Farewell Party, being held in the courtyard of Vilnius University.
For detailed information about Vilnius, please, visit the Conference webpage www.euro-2012.lt
- Regular: 320 Euros (early); 420 Euros (late),
- Student: 120 Euros (early); 180 Euros (late),
- Accompanying persons: 120 Euros.
Early registration ends April 22, 2012.
The regular/student registration fee includes:
- Participation in all sessions, and access to the exhibition area,
- Conference materials (Final Program, Book of Abstracts),
- Participation in the Welcome Reception, July 8,
- Participation in the Mayor of Vilnius City reception, July 9,
- Participation in the Farewell Party, July 11,
- Coffee breaks and lunches, July 8-11,
- 3-day city public transportation card (with badges).
The registration fee for accompanying persons includes:
- Participation in the Welcome Reception, the Mayor Vilnius City reception and the Farewell party,
- Lunches, July 8-11,
- Vilnius City tour,
- 3-day city public transportation card (with badges).
The Gala dinner is charged separately, at 55 Euros per person.
EURO will provide up to 10,000 Euros to cover (in parts) the registration fees (in early registration rates) of attendees in need. Preference will be given to regular and student participants from Eastern Europe. All applicants should send an email to email@example.com before registration.
Reduced fees for retired persons are limited to 20, dispensed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
All applicants for both groups should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before registration.
Conference participants from research institutes of Belarus, Bulgaria,Czech, Estonia, Hungary, Montenegro, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Russia,Slovenia, and Ukraine, can apply for partial support to the expenses of their stay in Lithuania according to agreements signed between the Academies of Science of these countries and the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences (http://lma.lt/index.php?lang=en). Requests for invitation letters, which arenecessary for such applications, should be addressed by email to email@example.com after registration.
ABOUT LITHUANIA AND VILNIUS
Lithuania with its modern capital of Vilnius is geographically situated in the centre of Europe on the crossroads between East and West. The country is interesting and in fact exciting from the viewpoints of its unique nature, its thousands year old history, and its attractive culture. Vilnius can be reached by plane from the most important hubs in Europe.
We recommend participants to book:
1. hotel rooms and air tickets as early as possible
2. accommodation in Vilnius through the Conference webpage.
The Conference Secretariat has reserved a large number of rooms in a variety of hotels in Vilnius at specially negotiated rates.
For more details, consult the conference site, www.euro-2012.lt, where all relevant information will progressively be included.
Further proposals for Book or Software Exhibitions are welcome.
For any further information please contact:
AIM Group Baltic
Kestucio 59/27, Vilnius, Lithuania
Phone: +370 212 00 03, fax: +370 212 00 13