Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro COPPE
Instituto Alberto Luiz Coimbra de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa de Engenharia
Instituto de Matemática
Data: Monday, March 22, 2010 At 08:00
Duração: Todo dia
2010 Summer Computer Simulation Conference (SCSC'10)
** DEADLINE EXTENDED - MARCH 22,2010
11-14 July 2010 - Ottawa, ON, Canada
CALL FOR PAPERS (SUBMISSION SITE OPEN)
Organized by the Society for Modeling and Simulation International
Co-Sponsored by ACM SIGSIM
Come to Ottawa, Canada for SCSC 2010 to witness the 42nd edition of this leading conference in the field of Modeling and Simulation. SCSC’10 is focused on basic and applied research in modeling and simulation.
SCSC 2010 features varied tutorials, tracks and workshops. The conference focuses on modeling and simulation, tools, theory, methodologies and applications, providing a forum the latest R&D results in academia and industry.
All submissions will be reviewed based on the draft full paper and/or extended abstract. The best contributed paper will be given an award. A selected group of full papers will be selected for possible publication in a special issue of the Simulation Journal (SCS). All papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
• Methodologies, Tools and Software Applications
• Management Planning & Forecasting
• Optimization in logistics
• Information Assurance and Telecom Security
• Bioinformatics & Biological Systems
• Cellular Automata
• Power Electronics Modeling & Simulation
• Multimodal Transportation and Logistics
• M&S in Information Technology modeling
• Agent Directed Simulation
• M&S in Defense and Training
• M&S in Business & Industry
• Inventory Control and Production Planning
• Web Based Modeling
• Environmental Modeling & Simulation
• Simulation and Web Services
• M&S Verification/Validation & Accreditation
• M&S Body of Knowledge and Education
• Virtual Reality, Visualization & Simulation
• M&S in Emergency Simulation
• M&S in Mechanics/Mechatronics
• M&S in Construction
The conference committee will accept three types of papers submitted as a PDF file to the conference website (http://www.softconf.com/scs/SCSC10/) as listed below. Final version of all the papers MUST COMPLY with the SCS conference format. All the submitted papers will be peer reviewed with respect to their quality, originality and relevance. The authors of the accepted paper MUST register in advance for inclusion of their paper in the conference proceedings.
1. Full manuscript: 8 pages in final conference format. Full papers will be published both in hard copy and CD-ROM. After the conference, a Special Issue with topics derived from the conference will be proposed to the journal Simulation (SCS). Extended versions of the best Full Papers will be candidates for this issue.
2. Work in Progress: Short papers up to 6 pages in final conference format.
3. Short Papers: Papers with industrial focus, military or government applications, and work-in-progress in abstract or short paper format.
All papers will be included in the conference proceedings and archived in both the SCS digital library and the ACM Digital Library; Full Papers will be also printed in hard copy.
Submission of full papers (and tutorials proposals): February 28th, 2010
Notification of acceptance: April 30th, 2010
Final manuscript and Early Registration: May 28th, 2010
Gabriel Wainer, SCE, Carleton University, Canada
Mhamed Itmi, INSA Rouen, France
Peter Kropf, Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Andreas Tolk, VMASC, USA
International Program Committee
• M.A. Aziz-Alaoui, University of Le Havre, France.
• Isaac Barjis, New York City College of Technology, USA
• Mokhtar Beldjehem, Sainte-Anne's University, Canada
• David W. Bauer, The MITRE Corporation, USA
• Cyrille Bertelle, University of Le Havre, France.
• Amedeo D'Angiulli, Carleton University, Canada
• Gérard H.E. Duchamp, University of Paris XIII, France.
• Gianfranco Fancello, University of Cagliari, Italy
• Thomas Feng, Oracle, USA
• Rubén Fuentes-Fernández, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
• Franziska Klügl, University of Würzburg, Germany
• Juan Lanchares, Computense University of Madrid, Spain
• Francesco Longo, MSC-LES University of Calabria, Italy
• Adolfo Lopez-Paredes, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain
• Gregory Madey, University of Notre Dame, USA
• Gabriela Nicolescu, Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada
• Tuncer I. Ören, University of Ottawa, Canada
• Hiren D. Patel, University of Waterloo, Canada
• Juan Pavón, Complutense University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
• Miquel Angel Piera, MISS - Spanish Center. Univ. Autónoma de Barcelona, Spain
• John F. Richardson, SPAWAR System Center, PACIFIC, USA
• José L. Risco-Martín, Computense University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
• Joseph M. Rosen, Dartmouth College, USA
• Craig Rosenberg, UI Designer, USA
• Helena Szczerbicka, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
• Maarten Sierhuis, NASA Ames Research Center
• Andreas Tolk, Old Dominion University, USA
• Resit Unal, Old Dominion University, USA
• Levent Yilmaz, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, USA
• Yu Zhang, Trinity University, USA