Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro COPPE
Instituto Alberto Luiz Coimbra de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa de Engenharia
Instituto de Matemática
Data: Monday, April 06, 2009 At 08:00
International ECCOMAS Thematic Conference VipIMAGE 2009 - II ECCOMAS
THEMATIC CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL VISION AND MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING
21-23th October 2009, FEUP, Porto, Portugal
Abstract submission deadline extended to April 6, 2009.
We are glad to announce the International Conference VipIMAGE 2009 - II ECCOMAS THEMATIC CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL VISION AND MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING will be held in the Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto, Porto, Portugal, on October 21-23, 2009.
Possible Topics (not limited to)
• Image Processing and Analysis
• Segmentation, Tracking and Analyze of Objects in Images
• 3D Vision
• Signal Processing
• Data Interpolation, Registration, Acquisition and Compression
• Objects Simulation
• Virtual Reality
• Software Development for Image Processing and Analysis
• Computer Aided Diagnosis, Surgery, Therapy and Treatment
• Computational Bioimaging and Visualization
• Telemedicine Systems and their Applications
• Alejandro Frangi - Pompeu Fabra University, Spain
• Christos E. Constantinou - Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
• Demetri Terzopoulos - University of California, USA
• Joaquim A. Jorge - Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
• José Carlos Príncipe - University of Florida, USA
• Lionel Moisan - Université Paris V, France
• Tony Chan - University of California, USA
Proposals to organize Thematic Session within VipIMAGE 2009 are mostly welcome.
The organizers of the selected thematic sessions will be included in the conference scientific committee and will have a reduced registration fee.
They will be responsible for the dissemination of their thematic session, may invite expertise researches to have invited keynotes during their session and will participate in the review process of the submitted contributions.
Proposals for Thematic Sessions should be submitted by email to the conference co-chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
The proceedings book will be published by the Taylor & Francis Group, as happened with VipIMAGE 2007 (ISBN: 9780415457774).
The organizers will encourage the submission of extended versions of the accepted papers to related International Journals; in particular for special issues dedicated to the conference.
One possibility already confirmed is the International Journal for Computational Vision and Biomechanics (IJCV&B).
As what happened with VipIMAGE 2007, the organizers will also propose the publishing of a book by SPRINGER (ISBN: 978-1-4020-9085-1), under the Computational Methods in Applied Sciences series, with invited works from the most important ones presented in conference.
• Deadline for Thematic Sessions proposals: January 15, 2009
• Submission of extended abstracts: March 15, 2009
• Lectures and Final Papers: June 15, 2009
João Manuel R. S. Tavares
Renato Natal Jorge
PS. For further details please see the conference website at: www.fe.up.pt/~vipimage