Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro COPPE
Instituto Alberto Luiz Coimbra de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa de Engenharia
Instituto de Matemática
Data: Sunday, November 30, 2008 At 08:00
Symposium “Image Processing and Data Visualization”2nd South-East European Conference on Computational Mechanics (SEECCM 2009)
Island of Rhodes, Greece, 22-24 June 2009
(A special interest conference of the European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences (ECCOMAS) and of the International Association for Computational Mechanics (IACM))
Within the 2nd South-East European Conference on Computational Mechanics (SEECCM 2009), to be held in Island of Rhodes, Greece, in 22-24 June 2009, we are organizing the Symposium “Image Processing and Data Visualization”.
The main goal of the Symposium “Image Processing and Data Visualization” is to provide a platform for communications among specialists from complementary fields such as mechanics, computational vision, mathematics, physics, informatics, computer graphics, bio-medical-practice, psychology, clinicians and industry. Participants in this symposium should present and discuss their proposed methods in the corresponding fields that are related to the symposium topics and explore the translational potentials of this emerging technological field. Hence, this symposium should be an excellent opportunity to refine ideas for future work and to establish constructive cooperation.
Due to your research activities in the related fields, we are pleased to invite you to submit your work and participate in the Symposium “Image Processing and Data Visualization”.
Topics of interest include (but are not restricted to):
- Image Analysis;
- Image Restoration, Compression, Segmentation and Description;
- Object Tracking, Matching, Registration, Recognition and Reconstruction;
- Visual Inspection;
- 3D Vision;
- Medical Imaging;
- Data Processing, Modelling and Analysis;
- Scientific Visualization;
- Enhanced Visualization;
- Human Computer Interaction;
- Enhanced and Virtual Reality;
- Simulation and Animation;
- Software Development for Image Processing and Data Visualization;
- Grid Computing in Image Processing and Data Visualization;
- Applications of Image Processing and Data Visualization.
Important dates and Instructions:
- Deadline for submission one page abstract: 30 November 2008;
- Authors notification: 31 December 2008;
- Final contribution submission: 28 February 2009.
- To submit your contribution, you should access the conference website at www.seeccm2009.org and select the Symposium “Image Processing and Data Visualization” or send your file by email to the organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).
João Manuel R. S. Tavares (firstname.lastname@example.org) Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Christos E. Constantinou (email@example.com) Stanford University, USA