Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro COPPE
Instituto Alberto Luiz Coimbra de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa de Engenharia
Instituto de Matemática
Data: Sunday, May 18, 2014 At 08:00
Duração: Todo dia
SBBD 2014 - CALL FOR TUTORIALS
29th Brazilian Symposium on Databases
October 06-09, 2014 - Curitiba, PR, Brazil
May 18, 2014 - Tutorial Submission
July 14, 2014 - Notification of Acceptance
August 1, 2014 - Abstracts for Proceedings
SBBD 2014 invites submissions of tutorial proposals. Each tutorial will be presented in a 3 hours session. Only an abstract (1-2 pages) of the accepted tutorials, including bibliographic references, will be published in the symposium proceedings. However, copies of the presentation slides will also be required before the event for distribution to the tutorial attendees.
We will consider proposals for introductory and advanced tutorials on any topic within the area of databases. Introductory tutorials should target an audience consisting of advanced undergraduate and graduate students, as well as attendees from industry. Hence, they can be thought of as "recycling" courses though they should not be about traditional "textbook" topics. Advanced tutorials, on the other hand, must cover a topic's state-of-the-art, motivating and exposing potential research issues.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Proposals must be of no more than 5 pages, using Times New Roman, 12 pt font, and must include the following items (in this order):
- Tutorial title, authors' name, affiliations, e-mails and URL of the respective home pages (if available)
- If the proposed tutorial has been given previously, where this tutorial has been presented before and how it will be modified for SBBD 2014
- Tutorial type (introductory or advanced)
- The intended audience and its assumed background
- The language in which the tutorial will be presented (English or Portuguese)
- An abstract (no more the 100 words) stating the tutorial's main goal
- Outline of the tutorial (list of topics and brief description of how these are to be covered)
- List of (up to 10) related references
- A brief bio of authors (up to 20 lines/author)
- The name of whom will present the tutorial, in case of a tutorial proposed by more than one author
- Audio-visual equipment required (e.g. overhead or multimedia projector)
Subject to funding availability, SBBD may provide a travel allowance for one tutorial presenter. If the presenter requires this funding, make sure this is clear in the proposal. The presenting author will be required to register for the symposium.
Submitted proposals can be written in Portuguese or English. Submissions in English are strongly encouraged. Submitted proposals will be reviewed based on originality, relevance, technical soundness and clarity of presentation.
Proposals must be emailed as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Formats other than PDF will not be accepted. The subject of the email must be: [SBBD2014] Tutorial Submission.
SBBD reserves the right to refuse all of the submitted tutorial proposals, as well as to include invited tutorial presentations.
For further information please contact the Tutorial Chair Vanessa Braganholo at email@example.com
Universidade Federal Fluminense