Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro COPPE
Instituto Alberto Luiz Coimbra de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa de Engenharia
Instituto de Matemática
Data: Sunday, May 12, 2013 At 08:00
Duração: Todo dia
6th Workshop on Computational Optimization (WCO 2013)
Krakow, Poland, September 8 - 11, 2013
organized in the framework of FEDERATED CONFERENCE ON COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
FedCSIS - 2013 -http://www.fedcsis.org/
Call for Papers
We invite original contributions related with both theoretical and practical aspects of optimization methods. The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:
* unconstrained and constrained optimization
* combinatorial optimization
* global optimization
* multiobjective optimization
* optimization in dynamic and/or noisy environments
* large scale optimization
* parallel and distributed approaches in optimization
* random search algorithms, simulated annealing, tabu search and other derivative free optimization methods
* nature inspired optimization methods (evolutionary algorithms, ant colony optimization, particle swarm optimization, immune artificial systems etc)
* hybrid optimization algorithms involving natural computing techniques and other global and local optimization methods
* computational biology and optimization
* distance geometry and applications
* optimization methods for learning processes and data mining
* application of optimization methods on real life and industrial problems
* computational optimization methods in statistics, econometrics, finance, physics, medicine, engineering etc
12.05.2013 (May 12, 2013): Full paper submission
17.06.2013 (June 17, 2013): Notification of acceptance
08.07.2013 (July 8, 2013): Camera-ready version of the accepted paper and registration
Submission and Publication
* Authors should submit draft papers as PDF.
* The total length of a paper should not exceed 8 pages (IEEE style). IEEE style templates are available athttp://www.fedcsis.org/.
* Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
* Accepted and Presented papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and included in the IEEE Xplore database and indexed in the DBLP.
* Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference will be published as Special Issue(s) in Studies of Computational Intelligence of Springer.
If you have any question do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stefka Fidanova, Bulgaria
Antonio Mucherino, France
Daniela Zaharie, Romania